Sunday, March 9, 2014

Post #19- Getting more Comfortable Playing around other People

Last week, I practiced about two hours, which was my goal.  I mainly just practiced my solo because although it is difficult, it is fun to play, whereas the band piece that I probably should have focused a little more on this week is tiring, high pitched, and a bit annoying to play, especially without the band.  I know almost the first half of the solo and I want to have it completely learned by my lesson this Wednesday.  I also need to finish learning a couple of sections in the band music this week, since festival (a band performance that is judged and rated) is coming up this Thursday.

Something that I noticed this week while practicing was that I am finally starting to get more comfortable practicing when I know that people in the house can hear me.  I used to be very comfortable with this, but since I have gotten into high school, it's been harder for me, for some reason.  I am happy that this is easier for me now, though, because it lets me practice whenever I have time, not just when I have time, and am home alone.

In other news, I signed up to potentially be a part of the pit orchestra for this year's school musical.  Last year when I went to see the musical, I could tell that it was a very talented group, and really wished that I was a part of it.  Now that I am in the higher band at school, I am invited to join pit orchestra, which I am excited to do.  I'll just have to make sure that they rehearsal schedule is not too overwhelming.  However, even if it will make me a lot more busy, I will probably still do it; I am willing to put in the time since it is something that I really want to do.


2 comments:

  1. "I am willing to put in the time since it is something that I really want to do."

    Keep this in mind wherever life takes you, Veronica! It's something many struggle to understand! I hope you are able to be in the pit for the musical!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the advice! I got the music for the musical this week, and we also got our rehearsal schedule which honestly is not too demanding. I should definitely be playing in it this year and I'm really excited!

      Delete